Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Office Banana Bread: A Review

Today I entered my office to discover a piece of banana bread, in a ziploc bag, on my desk.  Fearing a plot by my office mates to fatten me up and eat me, I left it alone at first.  I told my brother about the mysterious bread, but he had no explanation for it.  However, the culprit made herself known when my coworker presented herself and told me that she had made it (though I still don't know why it was given to me...).  In order to thank her properly I wrote a review of the bread and sent it to her.  Here it is:

-----Original Message-----
From:
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:22am
To:
Subject: Banana Bread- a review


Bouquet: Warm, subtle, earthy tones provide a subtext to the dominant banana scent, hints of sweetness, not overpowering, but firm.

Texture: Dense without being hard, soft without being mushy, delightful melting quality accentuated by the numerous chocolate and cranberry bits.  Nuts provide a nice textural counterpoint, balancing the bread's mouthfeel without distracting from it.

Taste: Precocious but not overbearing, the traditional banana-bread taste playfully interwoven with the tart cranberries, earthy nuts, and exotic chocolate tastes.  Undertones of bread provide a stable platform for displaying the less-common additions.  First strikes the tongue with a tasty but simple banana bread experience, followed quickly by the veritable explosion of the chocolate melting onto the taste-buds, and, as it is chewed, the sweetness is immediately cut by the cranberries.  The salivary perk given by the cranberries mellows smoothly into a creamy, strongly banana-tasting finish, which lingers, still suggesting chocolate to the mid-tongue region.


First Prize.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She said "Oh wow, that's more than I ever expected! You made my day!" Soooooo...Brownie points! Or should I say "Banana bread points!"?

      Delete
  2. You described bread as "precocious." I'm not sure I have anything meaningful to add to that, I just wanted to point that out in case anyone missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said it and I meant it! That bread was "unusually advanced or mature in development, especially mental development" (Dictionary.com)

    ReplyDelete